Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Poking around Parowan, Utah

My parents retired a number of years ago to Parowan, southern Utah, where they could enjoy the quiet small-town life, cool summer temperatures, and beautiful scenery in the area.  They bought a single story house which allows them to enjoy a comfortable, independent life at their 86 and 89 years.  I travel there every few months to help with a few chores, enjoy their company, and catch up on my share of love from their pampered little Westie, Stubby Littleguy McDuff.
   
Mom is writing down appointments in her calendar 
as Dad gets ready to take out the kitchen trash.


Duffy and I love to take long walks around Parowan, enjoying the sights, smells,


and flowers in spring.


Duffy is a sweet, low-key fellow, who has been a wonderful
companion for mom and dad over the past year.
We were fortunate enough find him on our first visit
to a nearby animal shelter in search of a four-legged
friend for them.

He loves to ride along on trips to town. Here he is
watching intently as I am delivered to Cedar City to catch a
shuttle for a trip north.

Dad, always a gentleman, offers his help with my luggage.


The St. George Shuttle will take me north up I-15
as far as Nephi, where I will rendezvous with four Fairbanks friends
connecting through Salt Lake City.  We will all
continue via rental car to Ephraim, Utah, to attend artist Carl Purcell's
two week watercolor workshop at Snow College in Ephraim. 

More about the very exciting "Summer Snow" workshop in my next post.

~ Betsy

1 comment:

  1. I think I've seen that dog at the post office, yes I'm sure I have!

    Spike

    ReplyDelete